Kratom News Updates
Kratom News Things are happening in the kratom world, and this therapeutic, all-natural plant seems well on the way to becoming the next medical cannabis. Let’s take a look at some of the more recent reports and events in the kratom sphere:
- February 19th, 2021 The AKA will be hosting an important webinar on Tuesday, February 23rd at 7:00pm ET to discuss the latest updates in the fight to protect kratom. Our lobbying teams have been fighting against potential bans, correcting the FDA misinformation, and sharing the positive stories about how kratom has saved people's lives. We […]
- February 18th, 2021 We have some great news coming out of Connecticut. Rep. Quentin Phipps filed the Connecticut version of the Kratom Consumer Protection Act. This critical legislation will look to keep kratom legal, while banning adulterated kratom products. Please take a minute to thank Rep. Phipps for standing up for kratom supporters and for […]
- February 12th, 2021 OKLAHOMA HOUSE COMMITTEE PASSES THE KCPA ON A UNANIMOUS VOTE – THE BILL NOW MOVES TO THE HOUSE FLOOR FOR DEBATE AND PASSAGE The Oklahoma House Committee on Alcohol, Tobacco and Controlled Substances voted 10-0 to approve HB1784 and send the KCPA to the House Floor. Last year, prior to COVID that […]
- February 11th, 2021 The Missouri House of Representatives voted 144-0 to pass the Kratom Consumer Protection Act this morning. The Missouri State Senate will act on the KCPA in the next several weeks (depending on legislative schedules). The AKA is grateful to Rep. Christofanelli for his leadership.
- Februrary 10th, 2021 The American Kratom Association is making a proactive push across America to pass the Kratom Consumer Protection Act. These ambitious and transformative legislative initiatives will protect American Kratom Consumers as never before but require a tremendous amount of time and resources to pass. A group of kratom vendors have answered our calls […]
- January 28th, 2021 Recap of Kratom Press Conference with Congressman Pocan The American Kratom Association (AKA) held an important Press Conference with Congressman Mark Pocan (WI) to discuss a major development in the fight to protect kratom. The recording of the event is available now on our Facebook page, and also via Youtube and Vimeo […]
The future of kratom remains uncertain, but it seems likely more research is on its way. Hopefully, studies return results positive enough in nature to allow Mitragyna speciosa to remain a viable treatment option for the hundreds of thousands of people who already benefit from it, and the millions more who could.